Indian Head Massage works on areas affected by mental and emotional stress. In Western culture today we spend so much of our time in our heads; an Indian Head Massage treatment can really help to calm the mind and it is deeply relaxing. Working with a firm and gentle rhythm it helps to relieve muscular discomfort and tension as well as calming the whole body and aiding relaxation. Indian Head Massage also improves circulation in the head, enhances the senses and promotes clear thinking.
The treatment begins with a deep massage of the upper back and shoulders. Pressure points are worked on, which encourage the muscles to relax, loosen and help melt away knots. Then working deeply into the neck where tension can accumulate, it may relieve headaches and improve cerebral spinal fluid.
Moving up to the scalp, techniques are used that stimulate, relax and revive the whole of the head, increasing circulation and promoting healthy hair. Finally Indian Head Massage treatment includes a gentle face massage with techniques that help circulation, skin tone, and sinus and headache problems.
This therapy is performed without oils with the client sitting fully clothed.
- Migraine and headaches
- Stress related disorders
- Insomnia and disturbed sleep
- Temporor – Mandibular Joint tension (TMJ)
- Suppleness and flexibility to head, neck and shoulders
- Increase of oxygen and glucose supply to the brain
- Scalp stimulation increasing blood circulation, promoting healthy hair
- Increases cerebral spinal fluid circulation
- Improves muscle tone
- Calms the respiratory system, helping asthma
Mental Benefits Indian Head Massage promotes:
- A sense of calmness, peace and tranquility
- Release from anxiety and stress
- Relief from depression
- High levels of concentration
- Clearer thinking and focus
- Sound sleep and relief from nightmares
- Renewed energy
- Aids memory